Apple Pie Milkshakes
“Happy Apple Pie Day!” I hope you are celebrating this all-American dessert like we are. If you are an apple pie à la mode fan, ditch the plate and fork and make Apple Pie Milkshakes. It’s time to drink our favorite dessert!
Do you ever find yourself with a leftover slice of pie, any flavor will do? Well I sure have and we could split it, but it makes such a great gourmet milkshake. We love a cold and creamy treat, and you may find yourself with a hankering for this one.
“Good apple pies are a considerable part of our domestic happiness.”
Apple Pie Milkshakes
So I baked a lovely Dutch Apple Pie and shared it with my family. Lucky for us we had some left and made Apple Pie Milkshakes that are fab and so “YUM!”
You can use a traditional 2 crust apple pie or a Dutch Apple variety. I prefer the later because I think the streusel topping adds so much deliciousness.
If you want to sip it through a straw blend it really well and smooth. I use the pulse cycle after I add the pie because we prefer our Apple Pie Milkshakes a little chunky.
Here’s the how to; add 2 cups of vanilla ice cream, milk and apple pie spice to a blender jar. Cover and blend on high speed until smooth and creamy. Add pie chunks; cover and blend until smooth, stopping blender to scrape down sides if necessary. Pour into 2 glasses; top with sweetened whipped cream; garnish with a crisp bacon swizzle stick and sprinkle with streusel topping and more apple pie spice. Serve immediately.
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, slightly softened*
- 1 tablespoon milk
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1 slice cold Dutch apple pie, cut into chunks (from 9-inch pie)
- In blender, place ice cream, milk and apple pie spice. Cover and blend on high speed until smooth and creamy. Add pie chunks; cover and blend until smooth, stopping blender to scrape down sides if necessary.
- Pour into 2 glasses; top with sweetened whipped cream; sprinkle with pie strusel and apple pie spice.
- Garnish with a bacon swizzle stick if desired.. Serve immediately.
Had a Pie Shake?
Got a favorite flavor?