Avocado Basil Pesto
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, packed
- ⅓ cup pine nuts
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- water as needed
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine avocado, basil, pine nuts, and garlic in a food processor or blender. With machine running, slowly stream in the lemon juice, olive oil, and water as needed to create a smooth pesto. Puree until completely blended and creamy.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Use immediately or keep refrigerated for 1 to 2 days.
How do you make pesto sauce?