Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Rolls
Play ball deliciously by serving Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Rolls at your Super Bowl Party. Regardless of which team wins, The Denver Broncos or The Carolina Panthers, you’ll score with these cheesy, spicy, creamy, hot rolls, that can be made way ahead and then heated in your slow cooker or oven. You can set out your spread and let everyone help themselves while you enjoy the game, BOOM!!!
Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Rolls
At our house, our Super Bowl Party is all about the food and being together. Actually, I’ve got one son who would seriously disagree and he will be cheering for his favorite team this year! We are united in our love for my Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Rolls though. They are amazing and I plan to make them the star of our California themed party February 7th.
I use a 1-ounce hard roll that I slice in half, it’s slider size. You can use any kind of roll or bread that you’d like, but finger food is my plan. I make my Buffalo Chicken filling 2 days ahead, letting it chill in the fridge. On Saturday, I fill and wrap my rolls and slap them back into the refrigerator until they find their way to my slow cooker on Sunday morning. If you are feeding a large crowd you may want to heat your rolls in a 22 Quart Roaster Oven. They are the greatest for tailgating, picnics, and cooking turkeys!
To make the filling, remove any fat from the chicken breasts. Add to a skillet with 1/2 cup of water. Bring to a boil and cover chicken. Turn heat down to low and simmer chicken breasts for 30 minutes. In a microwave safe bowl, soften cream cheese by cooking for 2 minutes on cook power 4. In a medium size mixing bowl add cream cheese, blue cheese dressing, Frank’s Red Hot sauce, shredded cheese, celery and green onion. Mix well with a rubber spatula. Remove chicken from heat and cool. Cut chicken into small chunks. Add chicken to sauce.
Cover Buffalo Chicken filling with wrap and place in the fridge for several hours or preferably overnight. You can make the filling 2 or 3 days ahead and store covered in the refrigerator.
5 hours before serving remove the Buffalo Chicken filling from the refrigerator. Cut a roll almost all the way through and for a 1-ounce hard roll, add 1/4 cup of cold chicken filling. Wrap the filled roll in foil and place in a large slow cooker. Set the slow cooker to low. The Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Rolls will warm and be ready for your party.
If you prefer to use your oven, place the rolls in a large deep roaster. Heat in a 400 degree oven for 20-25 minutes.
- 4 chicken breast, boneless, skinless
- 1 8-ounce package of cream cheese
- ½ cup blue cheese dressing
- ½ cup Franks Red Hot Sauce, Original
- 2 cups of shredded cheese,(I used Monterey Jack, sharp Cheddar or Colby Jack works too)
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 4 green onions, finely sliced
- 2-3 dozen small hard rolls, (1-ounce size)
- Remove any fat from raw chicken breasts, add to a skillet and add 1 cup of water. Bring to a boil and cover chicken. Turn heat down to low and simmer chicken breasts for 30 minutes.
- In a microwave safe bowl, soften cream cheese by cooking for 2 minutes on cook power 4.
- In a medium size mixing bowl add cream cheese, blue cheese dressing, Frank's Red Hot sauce, shredded cheese, celery and green onion. Mix well with a rubber spatula.
- Remove chicken from heat and cool. Cut chicken into small chunks. Add chicken to sauce.
- Cover Buffalo Chicken filling with wrap and place in the refrigerator for several hours or preferably overnight.
- Five hours before your party, remove chicken filling from the refrigerator.
- Cut hard roll almost in half and fill with ¼ cup of cold filling.
- Wrap the roll with foil.
- Place in slow cooker on warm setting for 4 to 6 hours.
Depending on how large your rolls are, you can fill 2 to 3 dozen rolls.
What are you serving at your Super Bowl Party?