Tangy Apple Bacon Salad
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup canola oil
- 8 ounces sliced almonds, candied
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 apples, chopped
- 1 large red leaf lettuce, torn in pieces
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, torn in pieces
- 1 small bunch baby spinach, tails removed
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces shredded parmesan cheese
- ½ cup dry cranberries
- 1 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Combine vinegar, sugar, dry mustard, and salt in a blender; add oil in a fine stream processing constantly.
- Add the chopped onions, mix and chill.
- Cook almonds with sugar in a skillet over medium heat until sugar caramelizes and the almonds are golden brown stirring constantly. Remove to waxed paper to cool.
- Toss the red leaf lettuce, romaine, and spinach, mushrooms, bacon, mozzarella, parmesan, cranberries, and apples together in a large salad bowl.
- Add dressing just before serving.
- Garnish with some cheese and bacon.
Other Cheery Kitchen Salads You’ll Enjoy!
Got one you’d like to share?
Pin Me >>>