Berry Low-Carb Trifle
- 1 (9oz.) sugar-free-fat-free, angel food cake
- 1 (1.5 oz) vanilla sugar free-fat free pudding mix
- 2-1/2 cups non-fat milk
- 3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 kiwis
- 1 (6 oz.) basket fresh red raspberries
- 1 (6 oz.) basket fresh blackberries
- 1 lb. sliced fresh strawberries
- toasted nuts for garnish
- Mix pudding mix with milk.
- Whip 2 cups heavy cream with 1 tsp. of vanilla. Add cream to the pudding mix and stir well.
- Slice and cube cake.
- Add ⅓ of the pudding-cream mixture to the bottom of a trifle bowl or large serving dish.
- Top with ½ cake cubes, and 1 cup of fresh berries.
- Cover with ⅓ of the pudding-cream mixture.
- Slice 1-1/2 kiwi fruit. Stick them to the sides of the trifle bowl.
- Add another layer of cake, berries and cream.
- Add sliced strawberries to the sides of the bowl too.
- Whip 1 more cup of heavy cream. Add 1 tsp. of vanilla along with stevia or Splenda to taste.
- Top trifle with whipped cream, cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, top off cream if needed, and garnish with fresh berries and remaining kiwi. Garnish with toasted nuts if desired.
You need our FREE Trifle Layering Printable!
Perfect trifle layers are the KEY to this dessert. Receive a Step-by-Step diagram in your email that will help you design a trifle in no time! You will also be able to customize the layers to make it your perfect dessert!
Success! Check your email for the Free Trifle Printable!
This trifle is definitely a yummy one! What kind of ingredients would you like in your trifle? Let us know in the comments. I love to get new ideas to switch it up!
who will refuse to these yummy and somehow guilt free dessert! This is really ideal for a sweet tooth like me! and i love strawberries too! Maybe I should ask my mom to prepare this quick recipe!
My friend had gastric bypass and we are going to try and make this so he can enjoy a little good fresh dessert! With out the worry of too much sugar or bad stuff!