Cranberry Orange Grilled Chicken Salad
Cranberry Orange Grilled Chicken Salad
A delicious favorite, Cranberry Orange Grilled Chicken Salad, is filled with our favorite healthy goodies, and drizzled with a Cranberry Orange Vinaigrette. Serve it with hot rolls for a luscious informal meal 4 seasons out of the year!
Recipe type: Salad, Entree
Serves: 6 servings
- 6 chicken breasts, (boneless-skinless)
- 3 cups baby spinach, tails pulled
- 3 cups romaine, torn into bite size pieces
- ¼ of a large green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 lb. baby portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 2 orange, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 2 ripe avocado, sliced
- ½ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- ½ pound Havarti cheese, thin matchstick slices
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (14 oz) can whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 4 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- To prepare the vinaigrette, combine cranberry sauce with the vinegar and whisk together. Add the remaining dressing ingredients. Set aside.
- Grill or broil 6 chicken breasts, my guy suggests 10-15 minutes on each side on his gas grill.
- Rinse the salad greens and pat dry between paper towels. When ready to serve, put the greens in the bowl with the dressing. Add the cabbage, sliced mushrooms, sliced oranges, dried cranberries and sliced onion. Toss well to coat evenly with the dressing. Plate salad, slice grilled chicken breast and arrange on top of the salad. Garnish with orange, avocado, and cheese slices.
- Drizzle more dressing over the salad. Sprinkle the toasted almonds and over the salad. Grind fresh pepper over the top, if desired and serve. Makes 6 large salads.
Try this salad with leftover turkey slices too, enjoy!
Even at 5AM this salad sounds wonderful! It’s very pretty too:@)
What a beautiful salad. It would be delicious for my lunch today. Hope you have a wonderful day.
Just plain yum! The salad dressing sounds wonderful. I will be saving this one! Thanks for sharing.
This recipe sounds fabulous! My luncheon club ladies would absolutely love this. I can’t wait to try it.
I was going to say the same thing that Denise said about it being a perfect luncheon club dish. Since she’s in the same luncheon club, I’ll let her to all the making and volunteer for the eating part. Works for me!
It sounds like a PERFECT salad for this time of year.
This might just be my favorite thing that you have shown. I’ve never eaten this, but it has things that I love to eat, so it must be a great combo!(Not big on the cranberries, but haven’t tried this so I am not ruling them out:))
Thanks so much for sharing this recipe. I will try it with left over turkey.
~ ~Ahrisha~ ~
This sounds like something I’d pick from a good restaurant menu. We always have chicken because we raise them ourselves, and I’m always looking for new ideas. This one looks yummy!
Gnee — when I read the recipe, I kept on saying to myself yum, yum, yum, yum, yum! It is so seasonal and contains one of my favorite cheeses — Havarti. I agree with Pondside — this sounds like something I would like to order at a great restaurant. Joni
Looks beautiful and tasty – thanks for sharing!
What a great recipe. I’m bookmarking it to make when my in-laws are in town for an easy lunch or dinner plan. Thanks!
In my mind…a perfect salad! I love everything about it..thanks! 😀
I just came over from Pleasant Home and thought I would stop by. You have a beautiful blog and a delicious recipe for me to add to my salad recipe collection. I look forward to visiting often.
Warm Country Blessings…Christa
I am definitely printing out this wonderful recipe!
Oh, wow! Another delicious recipe! Thank you 🙂
Oh my goodness this looks delish! Can’t wait to try it. ;o)
Oh my! This looks fantastic. We love salads year round too, but sometimes it is a stretch for my brain to come up with something seasonal. My entire family would love this one.
This looks so beautiful! I love the colors and I bet that cranberry-orange vinaigrette is delicious. I am going to have to try this, without the chicken though… 😉 Yum!
This is a beautiful salad – I am going to have to give it a try!
Party and Entertaining Inspiration
My University sold a salad VERY similar to this one last fall season. I have searched all over campus for this salad this season….but NO LUCK
but no worries, Now thanks to YOU, I can now make my own.
THANKS YOU SOOOO MUCH
you just seriously made my day:)
Oh, this sounds SO refreshing and flavorful. It’s a beautiful salad too! I just voted for you with the Days of Thanksgiving party. <3
You had me at the header. Everything looks so yummy. Your salad sounds doable and would be a nice alternative to the everyday. Thanks for sharing.
What a fun salad! It’s so pretty and colorful!!! Thanks for linking up to Topsy Turvy Tuesday’s.