Curried Rice Pilaf
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 cup rice
- ⅛ teaspoon white pepper
- 2 cups chicken stock
- ½ cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 cup whole roasted cashews
- Salt and pepper
- In a medium saucepan, heat butter and cook onion, celery, curry powder, and garlic until tender. Add rice, pepper, and chicken stock. Stir well. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce the heat. Simmer for 15 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- While the rice is cooking, roast cashew nuts. In a heavy bottomed skillet, spread your nuts out in an even layer and heat over medium, shaking often – don't overcrowd your nuts. Keep stirring or shaking for about 5 minutes, or until nuts are fragrant and browned.
- Fold in the raisins, green onions, and season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Cover pot with a towel and then the lid and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with whole roasted cashew nuts and serve.
Have you got a special curry dish you’d like to share with us? Please do! We always welcome your ideas, suggestions, and comments. We know there are lots of choices and appreciate your coming to Cheery Kitchen.