Peace, Love & Party Tips!
1. Get your outdoor entertaining space cleaned and ready for summer.
2. Set the date and time; invite the guests.
3. Plan the menu, choosing recipes that you can make ahead and that are easy to serve. Delegate aspects of the meal to keep it affordable, getting back with your guests on what you’d like for them to bring.
4. Think ahead to how many tables and chairs you’ll need and the linens you’ll be using.
5. Look in the yard for flowers, herbs, greenery – or head up to the Farmer’s Market – to make a simple tablescape.
6. If you have kids coming, what fun things will they do? Badminton, swimming, lawn games, board games … have something in mind so they won’t be bored.
7. Is your ITunes play list ready, or Internet hooked up, so you can play music from Pandora?
8. Make sure the BBQ has enough coals, tools are cleaned, and tiki torches filled with citronella.
9. The day of, set the table, using plenty of citronella votive candles to ward off the bugs, and make sure the “guest” bathroom is clean.
10. Do your prep work in the kitchen to make the night as simple as can be.
11. No matter what drinks you’ll be serving, always have plenty of water accessible for your guests.
11. Go over your “check-list” and make sure you completed your tasks.
12. Get yourself showered and ready for a fun summer night. Dress lite, as the last thing you want as the hostess is to be overheated.