Lemon Rosemary Chicken
Lemon Rosemary Chicken
is light, a plate of summer perfection. Glazed, grilled chicken, fresh roasted veggies; broccoli, zucchini, summer squash, and red peppers, or whatever you like. Chicken breast is marinated in Olive Garden Salad Dressing, then grilled and then the chicken and dressing are all added to the skillet with the veggies and it’s soooo amazing! Sometimes I add asparagus, carrots, sliced cabbage, veggies in season. Fresh lemon, rosemary and Parmesan cheese, are a must though, making a dish you can serve all when entertaining. It’s easy to fix for a crowd too. Marinate and grill the chicken ahead of time. Just before serving, cook the veggies, add the chicken and dressing and warm it all together and serve.
Well it’s just, you got it, all of my favorite flavors arranged on a bed of angel-hair pasta. I ignore the pasta part, as the rest is low-carb. My husband can indulge, enjoying bread and pasta to his hearts content. Maybe in the next life things will be different….
Oh, don’t get me wrong, I don’t even miss the carbs and you won’t either!
- 4 chicken breast
- 2 cups Olive Garden Salad Dressing
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 fresh lemon
- salt and pepper,to taste
- 4 ounces olive oil
- 4 teaspoons fresh garlic, chopped
- 10 ounces angel hair pasta
- 4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese,shredded
- 4 lemon slices and rosemary sprigs for garnish
- Marinate the chicken breasts in 1 cup of the Olive Garden dressing for a few hours before preparing the meal.
- On a hot preheated grill, place chicken breasts down to form grill marks. Turn the chicken after 2 to 3 minutes to form diamond grill marks. Repeat this process to cook both sides of each chicken breast.
- Cook the chicken to 165 degrees for 15 seconds.
- To a medium heated large sauté pan add the remaining cup of dressing,
- chopped rosemary, juice from one lemon and salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the fully cooked chicken breasts in the sauté pan and allow the dressing to slowly glaze over the chicken on medium heat. There should be no dressing left in the pan, it should be fully glazed onto the chicken breast.
- Bring water to a boil and cook angel hair pasta according to package directions. Drain excess water.
- Plate the pasta.
- Arrange glazed chicken breast down the center of a platter with roasted veggies all around.
- Garnish with thin lemon slices and rosemary sprigs.
- Add a sprinkle of fine shredded Parmesan cheese and serve.
Let me know if you like Lemon Rosemary Chicken as much as I do. Have a delicious week!
This looks just wonderful, and with fresh Rosemary for the snipping and a wonderful block of parmesan in the fridge, it is quite ‘doable’! We’ve got company from Denmark and this looks like something that would please everyone.
I haven’t made the O.G. dressing yet! I need to remember to do that, and this is a good reminder. This looks just fabulous. I think I will do it this way this weekend. We always grill out on Saturday night.
(And I’m right there with ya on the carbs.
And I’m really glad you are blogging some recipes!!
Looks gorgeous and I’m sure it’s very tasty! I love rosemary and have a huge bush in the yard. Thanks for the tip about the kabob rack, it might just be my next kitchen toy:@)
That looks like a hearty and satisfying dish without the pasta. I don’t think I would miss it at all. Your OG recipe is sitting on my kitchen counter just waiting to be made up. What a great marinade for the chicken.
Looks AMAZING! Love fresh summer dishes like this that make use of all of the great fresh produce that’s out there right now! (Still waiting for my garden to produce so I can pick it from my backyard!)
Popping over from Savvy Southern Style. 🙂
mmm this really looks yummy! I love rosemary! I have to try it out for my next dinner. Definitely pin-worthy! Thanks for sharing the recipe and for stopping by. Have a lovely evening!~Poppy
Hi! Happy July! Love, love, love Lemon Rosemary Chicken!!! This looks delicious. Hope you are doing well. Hugs from hot and humid Nebraska 🙂
YUM…that chicken looks absolutely delicious! Perfect for summer! This would be perfect for my Create It Thursday link-up…it’s live now! http://www.lambertslately.com/2013/07/create-it-thursday-10-plus-features.html
This sounds very tempting.
Ohhh this looks delicious! Lemon and rosemary are such a good flavor combination and your chicken looks just wonderful!