Peach Praline Cheesecake Bars
I’m kissing-up to summer with Peach Praline Cheesecake Bars, just not ready to let it go.
For today, I just wanted a peachy, pecan, cheesecake bar…We love peaches and pralines, we love cheesecake–why not enjoy all in each bite?
Begin by making a batch of fresh peach preserves and a batch of praline pecan brittle, (recipes below). Mix a cookie crust and pat it into a 9×13-inch pan.
Mix cheesecake filling. Pour over crust. Drop dollops of peach preserves on filling and swirl together.
Bake for 30-35 minutes. Top with praline pecan brittle and chill for at least 3 hours before cutting and serving. Cut into bars and store in the refrigerator.
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 box (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix (not sugar-free)
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 eggs plus 3 egg yolks
- 2 packages (8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sour cream or plain Greek Yogurt
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 cups peaches, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray bottom and sides of 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray. In large bowl, mix butter, sugars, egg, vanilla extract, baking soda pudding mix and flour, until soft dough forms. Press dough in bottom and ½ inch up sides of pan.
- In small bowl, beat cream cheese, sour cream and sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add remaining whole egg, 3 egg yolks and remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla vanilla; beat until smooth. Spread over crust in pan. Drop peach preserves by teaspoons over cheesecake layer. Swirl through batter.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until set in center. Immediately sprinkle top with praline pecan brittle. Cool 30 minutes. Refrigerate about 3 hours or until chilled. For bars, cut into 9 rows by 4 rows. Store covered in refrigerator.
- Place peaches in a saucepan. Add sugar and lemon juice. Stir to dissolve sugar, bring to a boil. Use a potato masher to crush peaches, (do not puree). Reduce heat to simmer and cook until thick, approximately 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat, cool; store in refrigerator.
- Quickly spread mixture evenly over prepared cookie sheet (candy hardens very fast). Cool completely. Break into tiny pieces. Makes about 2 cups.