Tex-Mex Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
So here’s a happy ending…yes it’s definitely time…
I had two girls who never wanted to cook or learn to cook while they were growing up. After spending time with them, in their homes, I’ve come to the conclusion that it was a good thing!
They are both terrific cooks and married gourmet guys that like to create too. I’m amazed at what they turn out. My youngest daughter uses lots of grains, fruits and veggies. Her Tex-Mex Quinoa Stuffed Peppers were different and delicious. Best part, she made 6 stuffed half-peppers and froze the filling for another 6, a perfect freezer meal,(just add to freezer containers) down the busy day down the road. I’ve learned some awesome things from her.
- 6 green peppers, halved
- 1 chicken breast, cooked and cubed
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (15-ounce can kidney beans, drained
- 2 cups quinoa, cooked
- 2 cups sweet corn, (we used frozen)
- 1 can black olives, sliced
- 3 cups salsa, blended
- ½ bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning, (we used Penzy's)
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cut green peppers in half. Remove core, seeds and membranes from the inside. Set peppers aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combining chicken breast, black beans, kidney beans, quinoa, corn, olives, salsa, cilantro, cumin, and taco seasoning. Stuff pepper halves with filling and sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 350F for 45 minutes or until tender. Makes 12 servings.
Here’s to many more happy endings! Thanks for stopping by…