Special Cadbury Egg Cupcakes
Many people are surprised to learn that all worthy members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints may attend the temple and serve there from age 12 and through out their lives. We attend as a group of Young Women and Young Men about every three months. Individuals and families may attend when they would like to. It is indeed one of my favorite places to go and participate in the Lord’s work here on earth.
Last night our YW group had a Spring party. The oldest group of girls (16 to 18 years old) did all of the planning. One was assigned to organized the food. We dined on enchiladas, tossed green salad, chips and salsa. She invited another friend to make brownie sundaes. Each of these Young Women had the help of her mother and did a great job. Our meal was delicious!
Another YW planned the game, Loaded Questions, new to me. Every few minutes the girls rotated places, mixing things up. It was fun to see 12 year old girls with almost 18 year old gals. Their answers were hilarious and I learned some fun things about each one!
We were served Raspberry Shirley Temples, so refreshing and pretty with our Spring colors. I helped with the table decorations, Easter grass, jelly beans, fresh flowers and Special Cadbury Egg Cupcakes.
Note: You can use a whole egg if you’d like. I quartered mine to stretch them and it worked perfectly.
- 1 cake mix, your choice, (I used yellow)
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 7 large Cadbury Eggs, quartered
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into pieces, room temperature
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Place paper liners in cupcake pans. Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Put 1 tablespoon of cake mix in each liner. Add Cadbury Egg and cover with 1 more tablespoon of batter. Bake in preheated oven as directed on the box for cupcakes. Let cool and frost with Cream Cheese Frosting.
- For Frosting
- Place cream cheese in a medium mixing bowl. Using a rubber spatula, soften cream cheese. Gradually add butter, and continue beating until smooth and well blended. Sift in confectioners' sugar, and continue beating until smooth. Add vanilla, and stir to combine.
We added cute Wilton Flower Cupcake Papers and a Spring Printable for a finishing touch @ It Is What It Is (Hello Spring Favor Tags by Beth Proudfoot.)
It was an absolutely delightful evening for all of us. In a heart-breaking world filled with loneliness, teens who taunt and tease, and so many sad young people, I am immensely proud of the approximately 20 girls I am blessed to associate with. Their sense of unity, friendship, righteousness and service makes me sing with gladness…and I love their other 7 leaders too!
Please let me know if you’d like more information about a Young Women or Young Men group near you.