Black Bean Tostadas with Chili Lime Dressing
Black Bean Tostadas with Chili-Lime Dressing
Early in the day, I thinly sliced red onion and marinated it in red wine vinegar. Believe me, the onions are not only colorful, their flavor is amazing and totally kick these up a notch! I also mixed up the Chili-Lime Dressing, and refrigerated both.
After a busy day it’s extra easy, getting it ready to serve. Rinse and drain black beans and corn. Shred lettuce and cilantro, chop tomatoes, (or I used cherry tomatoes this round) and shred cheese. Drain black olives too.
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 pkg. prepared tostada shells
- 3 cans rinsed and drained black beans
- 2 cans drained corn
- 1 head shredded lettuce, I use romaine
- 5 chopped tomatoes, or grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 lb. shredded jack cheese
- 1 can pitted black olives
- 3-4 grilled chicken breast, optional
- 1 cup lime juice
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 Tbsp. crushed red pepper
- ¼ tsp. cumin
- 2 tsp. sugar (or stevia)
- Early in the day, thinly slice red onion and marinate in vinegar.
- Mix up Chili-Lime Dressing and chill.
- Rinse black beans and drain well. Add drained corn.
- Shred lettuce, chop cilantro, chop tomatoes, and shred jack cheese.
- Drain black olives.
- To assemble each tostada layer: shell, black beans and corn, and shredded cheese.
- Microwave for 60 seconds.
- Continue to layer with: lettuce, cilantro, tomatoes, olives and red onion rings.
- Add grilled chicken breast, if desired.
- Drizzle with Chili-lime Dressing.
- Serve with salsa, guacamole, and sour cream.
- Mix and chill.
Try these yummy Black Bean Tostadas and tell me how you like the marinated red onion. Grilled onions would be so good too. What would you add?
It’s always so nice to have you stop by. Thanks and have a cheery day!