Grilled Mojo Chicken
- 4 pounds of chicken, breasts and thighs
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup cilantro / coriander (lightly packed)
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- ¾ cup orange juice (fresh)
- ½ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup mint leaves (lightly packed)
- 8 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano leaves (packed) (or ½ tbsp dried oregano)
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Combine Marinade ingredients in a food processor and blend until the herbs and garlic are finely chopped. Alternatively, you can finely chop/mince the garlic and herbs then mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Place in a large ziplock bag with the chicken.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and bring to room temperature.
- Preheat all burners on high, covered, 10 minutes, then adjust heat to medium.
- For drumsticks, thighs, and wings (cooking time is longer than cooking times for charcoal grilling):
- Sear chicken in 2 batches on lightly oiled grill rack, covered with lid, turning over once, until well browned, 6 to 8 minutes total. Turn off 1 burner (middle burner if there are 3) and arrange all seared chicken on rack above shut-off burner.
- Cook seared chicken, covered with lid, moving chicken around grill (to avoid flare-ups) and turning over occasionally, until cooked through, 12 to 20 minutes. Transfer chicken as cooked to bowl with vinaigrette and turn to coat, then transfer to a serving platter and keep warm, loosely covered with foil.
- For breast halves:
- Sear chicken (in 2 batches if necessary to avoid crowding), starting with skin sides down, on grill, covered with lid, turning over once, until well browned, 8 to 10 minutes total. Turn off 1 burner (middle burner if there are 3) and arrange all breasts on rack over shut-off burner.
- Cook seared chicken, covered with lid, turning over once, until cooked through, 18 to 20 minutes. Transfer chicken to platter to keep warm, loosely covered with foil.
What’s you favorite item to grill?
PIN ME!! >>>