More Than a Thrift Store
Here’s a shout-out to all of Southwest Idaho…
Trust me, don’t miss the Grand Opening of the new Deseret Industries Store in Nampa, Idaho. You will swoon when you see this beautiful facility, and want to shop like crazy. It’s filled with the most amazing merchandise. Find out why DI is so much “more than a thrift store.”
More Than a Thrift Store
I was invited to a special tour of the facilities last week, along with a great group of local bloggers.
We were thrilled with all the fabulous finds, as we canvased the store during a photo scavenger-hunt. Imagine, we had to figure out the clue, find the item, snap a picture, and try not to get side-tracked as we ran for our next clue. I found several items that are on my Christmas shopping list, from designer jeans to a huge red wooden-wagon for the small-fry in my family.
The stock has been specially selected and shipped from Utah. Just like you, we’ve had to wait for the store to open before we can buy anything. It’s been a long week! Oh and don’t assume that everything is used and donated. The prices are astounding so you’ll want to check them out, for example, a new long-sleeve white dress shirt is $7.00, it doesn’t get better than that!
- Men’s & Boys White dress shirts
- Men’s suits (100% wool)
- Bath Towels
- Hand Towels
- Bed Sheets
- Fleece Blankets
- Mattress Pads
- Baby Cribs
- Bunk Beds
- Bunk Boards
- Five Drawer Dressers
- Eight Drawer Dressers with Mirror
- Night Stands
- Small Dining Tables
- Leaf Tables
- Four Poster Beds
- Mattresses (Deluxe or Supreme)
- Bed Frames
- Crib Mattresses (Spring or Foam)
Join us in celebrating the opening of the remarkable new store in Nampa, ID. Inside, you’ll find lots of top brands, with prices as low as they can get them for clothes, accessories, furniture, electronics, housewares, toys, and just about anything else you can think of. Outside, you’ll find a big party!
Ribbon cutting, Thursday, October 15th at 9:30 AM
Doors open at 10:00 AM
Free tote bags for first 500 shoppers
1370 Caldwell Blvd. Nampa, ID 83651
I hope to see you at the grand opening!
I’ll be sharing my #DIfinds, (follow me on Instagram and FB to see what I’ve already shared), and more about the Deseret Industries Program. I have seen miracles bless the lives of many through the humanitarian work that’s accomplished daily.
You may be wondering how we as a community can help.
- Donate: It feels so good. Yes, you can “write it off,” for as much as you can sell it at a garage sale or online. It’s a great way to serve others.
- Shop: It’s fun, and keep in mind, “after something is washed once, it’s considered used,” (thanks Mom). Think of all the money saved and your license to bragging rights, deals so good, it’s hard to take the tags off, used or new!
- Partner: Offer to help provide training and support, at no cost to you. Also, you may quality to mentor those in the program.
- Hire: If your company is hiring, consider a Desert Industries associate.
What is your dream item from DI? Here’s my update after shopping…what a party!