Pumpkin Pie Steel Cut Oats
This past weekend we woke up to our first snow-Fall!
It just felt good to make warm, Pumpkin Pie Steel Cut Oats topped with dates and whipped cream. It’s extra yummy, making for a perfect start on Saturday morning.
No lengthy tutorial is required here. I love that if I have some pumpkin puree left from something I’ve baked, I can just add it to our oatmeal. It will be on your table in a flash!
- ½ cup steel cut oats, (I like Coach's Oats)
- 1½ cup water
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 2 dates, chopped
- Whipped cream, for topping (optional)
- Combine the oats and water in a medium sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and cover.
- Simmer for about 10-12 minutes or until your desired consistency is reached.
- Stir in the sugar, pumpkin, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Garnish with dates and whipped cream.
- Serve immediately.
Enjoy friends, stay warm and thanks for stopping by.